If you’re tired of working on Upwork and want to delete your account, this article will help. We’ll go over how to delete an account from the site as well as what happens when you do so. If you feel like it’s time for a change in your freelancing career, or if you just don’t use the site anymore, here’s how to get rid of that old Upwork account for good!
Reasons to delete your Upwork account
There are plenty of reasons to delete your account and stop using this site, but for now, we’ll focus on just one – that it violates its own terms of service by banning or suspending users without any warning. That leaves people in an unfair position where they cannot bid on jobs because they will be suspended at some point, leaving them out of work indefinitely while also losing money from having to pay things like rent and food, which can accrue into a significant amount very quickly. The best course of action would be to contact customer support and voice concerns about how this affects upworkers.
If you’re still not convinced that this is the right move, there are other sites out there like Upwork. However, your account will be lost and any reviews or ratings you’ve left for employers won’t carry over to these new platforms.
It’s best to follow up with customer support before proceeding if you want a smoother transition from one site to another – otherwise, it might result in more of an abrupt change-over instead.
You can also contact them about how they handle accounts where users have been banned without warning as well.
How to Delete Upwork Account?
If you want to delete your account, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Delete My Account” and they’ll take care of it for you.
- Log into your account
- Click the “Account” button in the top right corner of the screen
- You will be redirected automatically to the “ Contact info” section
- Scroll down to find and click on “Delete or Close Account”
- Select the reason for closing your account and confirm that you want to delete your account by clicking “Yes, Delete My Account.”
- Enter your password again and click “OK”
- You will be asked if you want to remove all of your data from Upwork’s servers – this includes any profiles or work history associated with your account as well as any other information stored about you by Upwork; please note that once deleted, there is no way for us to recover this information so we recommend saving a copy before deleting it if possible; also note that after deletion, even if an email address has been changed, it cannot be used again for another Upwork account unless a new profile is created with the same email address
Read Also: How to delete keeper security account
Frequently Asked Question
What happens when I delete my Upwork account?
If you delete your account, all of the data associated with it will be removed from their servers and Upwork won’t have any way to retrieve it. You’ll also lose access to some services (including search engines), as well as any profiles or work history that were attached to your account.
What happens to my work?
If your account is deleted, the clients you’ve worked with will still have access to their project files. You’ll also lose any UpworkCash balance that was associated with your account and any recurring payments linked to it.
Can I delete Upwork account without deleting all of my work history and profiles?
To remove an account from your Upwork portfolio without deleting the entire history of work or profiles attached to it, create a new “Paid” project. The system will automatically connect any relevant profiles that are linked to your new project.
Note: To delete a profile you had with Upwork, go to Settings > My profile and then choose a particular profile and click Delete Profile:
Now that you know how to delete Upwork account, it’s time for us to say goodbye. This has been a fun blog post about deleting Upwork accounts and we hope you have enjoyed reading it! We’ve loved sharing this information with all of our readers.